Thursday, August 16, 2012

New Day

New Day is the title of my latest poem.  I hope you enjoy it.

New Day

Moments of yesterday can never come again,
Though they often return in my mind.
Today brings heightened sensation
In reaction to all I find.

I have no power to change the past
Or to restart the present.
The die of life has been cast,
Life mirrors an ocean current.

Yesterday has become history,
Today is my adventure,
Tomorrow is my destiny,
My three medals of life to treasure.

When yesterday disappears,
Tomorrow begins anew,
Not confronted by sudden fears
But surrounded by hope and virtue.

Tomorrow becomes another new day
With surprises for me to discover.
Each one can take troubles away
And make joys of life last longer.  

No comments:

Featured Post

Finding the Proto-Form

Related languages have a number of words which are similar to one another. In the branch of linguistics known as historical linguistics, the...