Saturday, December 30, 2017

Mate in 14

In a game of speed chess, I mated my opponent in 14 moves. He was Kambell from Canada, who played white. My opponent played fast, but made many mistakes. Here are the moves of the game along with my commentary:

1. e4 c5
2. f4 d5

I offer a pawn in an attempt to break white's control of the centre.

3. exd Nf6
4. c4 Bf4

White can protect his pawn with Nc3, a move which also develops his knight. Though white has an extra pawn, I lead in development of my pieces.

5. d4 cxd
6. Qxd4 e6

My pawn is immune from capture.

7. Nc3 Bb4
8. Bd2 Nc6

The knight is also immune from capture.

9. Qe3 Ng4
10. Qe2 Nd4

The queen is attacked for the third time in a row.

11. Qd1 Nc2+
12. Qxc2 Bxc2

White can survive longer with Ke7.

13. dxe fxe
14. Nb4 Qxd2#

White blunders. Though the position is lost, a far better move is Nge7. The knight on c3 must not move.

Despite the loss of his queen, white decides to play on. However, his thirteenth move is a blunder which leads to mate on the next move. He plays quickly, but in doing so plays many questionable moves.

No comments:

Featured Post

Finding the Proto-Form

Related languages have a number of words which are similar to one another. In the branch of linguistics known as historical linguistics, the...