Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Birdsong

Birdsong

In hours of early morning
Sweet songs of birds ring.
But what do they sing?
What message do they bring?

I can only ponder
For I have no answer.
I listen a little longer
To their works of wonder.

Sometimes their notes grow louder,
Then longer and higher.
Other times their notes are shorter,
Lower and quieter.

I listen carefully this morning
To their sweet singing.
I love to start my morning
With sounds of vibrant spring.

My poem is written in the first person. The poem consists of four stanzas with four verses- quatrains. The verses of each stanza rhyme. Birdsong expresses the beauty of birdsong on a spring morning.

No comments:

Featured Post

Finding the Proto-Form

Related languages have a number of words which are similar to one another. In the branch of linguistics known as historical linguistics, the...