Saturday, October 21, 2017

A Minor Bird

The American poet Robert Frost wrote many famous poems. A Minor Bird is a beautiful short poem. Here is is:

A Minor Bird

I have wished a bird would fly away
And not sing by my house all day;

Have clapped my hands at him from the door
When it seemed as if I could bear no more.

The fault must partly have been in me.
The bird was not to blame for his key.

And of course there must be something wrong
In wanting to silence any song.

The poem has eight verses and the rhyme scheme is aa bb cc dd. Through the poem, Robert Frost expresses mankind's inability to appreciate nature. The speaker comes to the realization that he cannot fault the bird for singing and should not try to stop it.

No comments:

Featured Post

Finding the Proto-Form

Related languages have a number of words which are similar to one another. In the branch of linguistics known as historical linguistics, the...