Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Mate in 10

In a game of speed chess, I mated my opponent in 10 moves. My opponent was Pawnchump of the USA, who played white. Here are the moves of the game along with my commentary:

1. d4 Nf6
2. c4 d5
3. Nc3 a6
4. Nf3 c5

My move is premature. I should play e6 first to protect my e-pawn.

5. dxc e6
6. b4 Nc6
7. b5 axb
8. cxb Nb4

White plays aggressively.

9. Na4 Qa5
10.Nb6 Nc2#

I ignore the attack on my knight because I have mate. White makes a crucial mistake. He needs to play Nc3.

White plays aggressively but loses in 10 moves. My final move is a double check. White's failure to protect his king results in a quick mate.

No comments:

Featured Post

Finding the Proto-Form

Related languages have a number of words which are similar to one another. In the branch of linguistics known as historical linguistics, the...