Friday, September 27, 2019

Poem (One More Year)

I want to post my last poem. It was written to my wife to commemorate our wedding anniversary. I hope you enjoy it.

One More Year

Life can go fast
With you by my side,
One more year has passed
Since the day you were my bride.

With you I see my hopes and fears,
Moments experienced together,
Sorrow and joy in our tears,
As we journey through life further.

With you our world becomes wonderful,
Filled with fragrance and colour.
With you I feel so grateful,
We have so much to discover.

Though barriers can slow our journey,
We can conquer every problem and fear.
You are my love, my strength, my energy.
Thank you for treasures of one more year.

The poem consists of four stanzas with four verses each. The odd and even verses of each stanza rhyme with one another. In the poem One More Year I compare time spent together to treasure.

No comments:

Featured Post

Finding the Proto-Form

Related languages have a number of words which are similar to one another. In the branch of linguistics known as historical linguistics, the...