Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Latest Poem

I want to dedicate my latest poem to my wife. I hope you enjoy it.

Together

I found you at the airport.
The city was big and cold.
I saw you were new in the north.
You were now in a new world.

You left your home and family
To begin your life with me.
Leaving summer and entering winter,
For the first time you felt so free.

You gave me your warmest smile,
Angel of summer in winter.
How can I ever forget the moment
We started our new life together?

It seems you arrived yesterday
Even though you arrived years ago.
Every day opens a new chapter
As we continue to learn and grow.

You left summer weather one morning
And flew miles across land and sea.
Thank you for your sacrifice,
For flying far to be with me.

No comments:

Featured Post

Finding the Proto-Form

Related languages have a number of words which are similar to one another. In the branch of linguistics known as historical linguistics, the...