Saturday, March 7, 2020

Mate in 13

In a game of speed chess, I mated my opponent in thirteen moves. He was Inon101 of Israel, who played black. Here are the moves of the game along with my commentary:

1. e4 e5
2. Nf3 Nc6
3. Bc4 h6
4. 0-0 Nf6
5. d4 Nxe4

Black makes a mistake. With his king in the centre, this is a risky move. It is better to play exd.

6. dxc Bc5

Black plays aggressively and decides to attack f2, but this is also a mistake. It is necessary to play Nc5 to counter my attack.

7. Qd5 Qe7
8. Qxe4 0-0

Again black fails to find the best move. It is better to play d6 to activate the light-squared bishop.

9. Nc3 a6

It is better for black to play Kh8 to prevent a check by my knight on f6.

10. Nd5 Qd8
11. Bxh6 gxh6

I sacrifice my bishop to weaken the f6 square. Black is now lost. His sixth move is a blunder because it leads to the loss of his knight. My seventh move is undoubtedly a big surprise.

12. Nxf6+ Kg7

Black does not want to lose his queen, but Qxf6 is the only way to prolong the game.

13. Qh7#

Black loses quickly because he decides to play aggressively with his king in the centre. In the final position he has four pieces on the back rank.

No comments:

Featured Post

Finding the Proto-Form

Related languages have a number of words which are similar to one another. In the branch of linguistics known as historical linguistics, the...