Sunday, June 9, 2019

Victory in 17

In a game of speed chess, my opponent resigned after 17 moves. He was Shorpe of the United States, who played black. Here are the moves of the game along with my commentary:

1. e4 c5
2. Nf3 e6
3. c3 Nc6

White usually plays d4.

4. d4 cxd
5. cxd d5

A better move for black is Nf6.

6. exd Qxd5

Black brings out the queen too early. A better move for black is exd.

7. Nc3 Qd8

A better move for black is Bb4, a move which aids his development.

8. Bb5 Bd7
9. d5 Nb4

It is better for black to play exd.

10. Bxd7 Qxd7

11. Ne5 Qc7

I attack the black queen. Another option for me is to castle.

12. Bf4 Bd6

Black makes a mistake. It is better to castle. My knight is very dangerous.

13. Nb5 Nc2+

Black puts me in check, but his queen is under attack.

14. Kf1 Qb6
15. Nxd6+ Ke7

Black makes a mistake. He should play Qxd6.

16. Qxc2 Qxd6

Now black takes the knight, but this is a blunder. It is better to play Nf6.

17. Nc6+

After my 17th move, black will lose his queen. For this reason he resigns. I can also win the queen with Ng6+.

My opponent makes a number of mistakes in the game. The most critical is his 15th move, Ke7. Another bad move is the sixth, Qxd5, which brings out the queen too early. The game is notable because neither player castles, and the rooks never leave their original squares.

No comments:

Featured Post

Finding the Proto-Form

Related languages have a number of words which are similar to one another. In the branch of linguistics known as historical linguistics, the...